Exciting opportunity to join @BESPolicy as the Policy Committee Chair! Closing date 9 June. Find out more here: https://www.britishecologicalsociety.org/about/vacancies/policy-committee-chair/
The British Ecological Society (BES) is looking to recruit a new Policy Committee Chair who is committed to generating, communicating and promoting ecological knowledge and solutions. The remit of the Policy Committee is to develop and oversee the delivery of the Society’s policy work.”
Closing date 9 June, role starts in September 2019. Find out more:https://www.britishecologicalsociety.org/about/vacancies/policy-committee-chair/
The UK’s Future Immigration System
By Robbie Lammas, Office of Stephen Metcalfe MP
▪ Freedom of Movement will end.
▪ New UK immigration rules will apply to EU and Non-EU nationals alike in a single system from 2021.
▪ Immigration will shift from quantity to quality.
▪ Cap on highly-skilled workers increased.
▪ No numerical cap on skilled workers.
▪ A Levels to be counted for skilled-workers.
▪ £30,000 salary threshold to manage skilled migration.
▪ Low-skilled immigration to reduce.
▪ Graduate stay-time after studies increased.
▪ The Government will consult on immigration changes through 2019.
▪ Immigration Bill required to implement changes.
▪ No sudden immigration changes under a ‘No Deal’
Into the deep – discovering our oceans
Sarah Miles, External Affairs Officer, Natural Environment Research Council
Science priorities for Brexit
Stephen Metcalfe, Chair of the Parliamentary and Scientific Committee, has published a statement outlining the priorities for the science community as we trigger Article 50 and start our Brexit negotiations.