Monday 17th June 5.30pm
“Fake news and the Science behind it ”
Monday 18th July 5.30pm
“Stem education and skills”
The UK’s Future Immigration System
By Robbie Lammas, Office of Stephen Metcalfe MP
Download the Bill Briefing Here
▪ Freedom of Movement will end.
▪ New UK immigration rules will apply to EU and Non-EU nationals alike in a single system from 2021.
▪ Immigration will shift from quantity to quality.
▪ Cap on highly-skilled workers increased.
▪ No numerical cap on skilled workers.
▪ A Levels to be counted for skilled-workers.
▪ £30,000 salary threshold to manage skilled migration.
▪ Low-skilled immigration to reduce.
▪ Graduate stay-time after studies increased.
▪ The Government will consult on immigration changes through 2019.
▪ Immigration Bill required to implement changes.
▪ No sudden immigration changes under a ‘No Deal’
Into the deep – discovering our oceans
Sarah Miles, External Affairs Officer, Natural Environment Research Council
Read Sarah’s article here
Science priorities for Brexit
Stephen Metcalfe, Chair of the Parliamentary and Scientific Committee, has published a statement outlining the priorities for the science community as we trigger Article 50 and start our Brexit negotiations.
Science Priorities for Brexit – Final
Science Priorities for Brexit – Evidence report
STEM for BRITAIN
STEM for BRITAIN encourages, supports and promotes Britain’s early-career research scientists, engineers, technologists and mathematicians. They are the “engine-room” of development of UK research and R&D, and ultimately of UK plc.
Claiming the Ice – Britain and Antarctica 1900-1950
A new book by John Dudeney and John Sheail
UK research and innovation – Royal Society
Research and innovation takes place all over the UK. The Government’s Industrial Strategy commits to significantly increase investment in UK Research & Development (R&D) and reach a target of 2.4% of GDP by 2027, with a longer term goal of 3%.
Find out more about research and innovation in your area, where it takes place and how it is supported.
Full link is here: royalsociety.org/…/uk-research-and-innovation/